OUR COMMITMENT TO THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA: “INFORMED PERSONS AND PROTECTED DATA”
The Directorate/ Governing Body of MORNA VALLEY SCHOOL SL (hereinafter, the controller), assumes maximum responsibility and commitment to the establishment, implementation and maintenance of this Data Protection Policy, ensuring the continuous improvement of the controller with the aim of achieving excellence in compliance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council, 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (OJUE L 119/1, 04-05-2016), and Spanish legislation on the protection of personal data (Organic Law , specific sectoral legislation and its implementing standards).
MORNA VALLEY SCHOOL SL’s Data Protection Policy rests on the principle of proactive responsibility, according to which the controller is responsible for compliance with the regulatory and jurisprudence framework governing this Policy, and is able to demonstrate it to the competent supervisory authorities.
In this sense, the controller will be governed by the following principles that must serve all the staff as a guide and reference framework in the processing of personal data:
- Data protection from design: the controller will apply, both when determining the means of processing and at the time of the processing itself, appropriate technical and organisational measures, such as pseudonymisation, designed to effectively apply the principles of data protection, such as the minimsation of data, and integrate the necessary guarantees into the processing.
- Data protection by default: the controller will apply the appropriate technical and organisational measures with a view to ensuring that, by default, only personal data that are necessary for each of the specific purposes of the processing are processed.
- Data protection in the information lifecycle: measures to ensure the protection of personal data will be applicable throughout the entire information lifecycle.
- Lawfulness, loyalty and transparency: personal data will be treated in a lawful, fair and transparent manner in relation to the data subject.
- Limitation of the purpose: personal data will be collected for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes, and will not be subsequently processed in a manner incompatible with those purposes.
- Minimisation of data: personal data will be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- Accuracy: personal data will be accurate and, if necessary, up to date; all reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that inaccurate personal data is deleted or rectified with respect to the purposes for which it is processed.
- Limitation of the retention period: personal data will be kept in such a way as to allow the identification of the interested parties for no longer than necessary for the purposes of the processing of personal data.
- Integrity and confidentiality: Personal data will be treated in such a way as to ensure adequate security of personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, through the application of appropriate technical or organizational measures.
- Information and training: one of the keys to ensuring the protection of personal data is the training and information provided to the personnel involved in the processing of them. During the information lifecycle, all personnel with access to data will be conveniently trained and informed about their obligations in relation to compliance with data protection regulations.
The Data Protection Policy of MORNA VALLEY SCHOOL SL is communicated to all personnel responsible for the processing and made available to all interested parties.
Consequently, this Data Protection Policy involves all personnel of the controller, who must know and assume it, considering it as their own, each member being responsible for implementing it and verifying the data protection rules applicable to its activity, as well as identifying and providing the opportunities for improvement that it deems appropriate in order to achieve excellence in relation to its compliance.
This Policy will be reviewed by the Directorate/ Governing Body of MORNA VALLEY SCHOOL SL, as many times as deemed necessary, to adapt, at all times, to the current provisions on the protection of personal data.